Joe Weinman is the Founder and Principal of XFORMA LLC, a frequent global keynote speaker, digital strategist, and an experienced telecom and IT executive who has spoken at 450 events on six continents. He is the author of Cloudonomics and Digital Disciplines and is a contributor to Regulating the Cloud. Joe’s business and technical articles have appeared in notable publications, including the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and The New York Times.
He serves on multiple advisory boards, including Syntropy Networks and the Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business and is Vice Chair of the IEEE 5G Industry Advisory Board. Joe has been awarded 27 US and international patents in areas such as cloud computing, distributed storage, simulation and workflow, and internet search algorithms, among others.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Joe Weinman’s inspiration for writing Cloudonomics
- Joe shares use cases for edge computing
- Investors and innovators in the edge computing space
- The future of edge computing
In this episode…
As information technology continues to evolve, cities and organizations are beginning to transition their data and capabilities from the cloud to an edge computing infrastructure. So, what are the benefits of this architecture, and how is it implemented to solve use cases?
Edge computing stores data in proximity to its sources, improving response times and decreasing latency. This streamlines communication to optimize roadside assistance, medical emergencies, and surgeries. According to digital strategist Joe Weinman, this infrastructure must be introduced in small quantities to solve present use cases, so the data is accessed and discarded effectively.
In this episode of the Own Your Zone Podcast, JiNan Glasgow George sits down with Joe Weinman, keynote speaker, digital strategist, and Founder and Principal of XFORMA LLC, to discuss edge computing capabilities. Joe shares use cases for edge computing, notable investors and innovators in the space, and the future of edge computing.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- JiNan Glasgow George on LinkedIn
- JiNan Glasglow George
- Neo IP
- JiNan Glasgow George’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patent Forecast
- Joe Weinman
- XFORMA LLC
- Joe Weinman on LinkedIn | Twitter
- Joe Weinman’s email: email@example.com
- Cloudonomics: The Business Value of Cloud Computing by Joe Weinman
- Digital Disciplines: Attaining Market Leadership via the Cloud, Big Data, Social, Mobile, and the Internet of Things by Joe Weinman
- Regulating the Cloud: Policy for Computing Infrastructure (Information Policy) by numerous contributors, including Joe Weinman
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Neo IP, where we help companies increase their valuation and protect their business through strategic business planning and intellectual property protection.
We believe intellectual property is a valuable business asset with exceptional potential. Neo IP is here to protect that.
Learn more about Neo IP at NeoIPAssets.com