Al Buda is the Founder and Managing Partner of Aware Partners, an algorithmic venture capital fund of funds. The firm strives to create positive returns for LPs, GPs, and startups. With over 20 years of experience as an engineer, investor, and entrepreneur, Al founded and exited two profitable SaaS companies. Before founding Aware Partners, Al was the President of the Oxford University Startup Accelerator, where she became an angel investor and helped launch 19 unicorn companies.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Al Buda talks about her personal and career background
- Al’s experience building scalable technology companies at Oxford’s accelerator program
- The pivotal factors for achieving unicorn status
- IP and securities’ role in building early stage startups: cautionary case studies
- Three investment trends in data funds
- Al addresses the future of innovation in education and the interplay between data and AI
In this episode…
Early-stage startup value is accelerating, with unicorn companies gaining the most traction. The number of businesses valued at over $1 billion has increased from 300 to 1,200 in five years, with one data analytics company generating $1.5 billion in just three years. So what does it take to build a secure unicorn company?
As a seasoned angel investor, Al Buda understands the logistical measures startups must take to obtain funding quickly. Before entering the startup phase for unicorn growth, you must invest in IP assets to forecast the market and protect your inventions. Neglecting this step introduces high-risk rates for investors, lowering your overall value. A public launch takes approximately 12 years, so building a personal network of institutional and private investors is imperative for generating a $1 billion valuation.
In this episode of the Own Your Zone Podcast, JiNan Glasgow George hosts Al Buda, the Founder and Managing Partner of Aware Partners, who discusses unicorn funding trends. Al also addresses data investment trends, the future of global innovation, and the relationship between data and AI.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- JiNan Glasgow George on LinkedIn
- JiNan Glasgow George
- Neo IP
- JiNan Glasgow George’s Email: email@example.com
- Patent Forecast
- Al Buda on LinkedIn
- Aware Partners
- The IP Miracle: How to Transform Ideas into Assets that Multiply Your Business by JiNan Glasgow George
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Neo IP, where we help companies increase their valuation and protect their business through strategic business planning and intellectual property protection.
We believe intellectual property is a valuable business asset with exceptional potential. Neo IP is here to protect that.
Learn more about Neo IP at NeoIPAssets.com