Jubin Dana is the Principal Attorney, Shareholder, and the Founder of Dana Legal Services, an intellectual property (IP) law practice. With over 20 years of experience, Jubin helps guide his clients on their journey of identification, protection, and enforcement. Jubin believes that great technology often emerges from start-ups and small companies, and with the right legal guidance on IP topics, the people dedicated to these companies can protect their IP in a way that supports their goals and needs. Jubin has always been active in FinTech innovation and was previously the Head of Global Patent Management at Visa.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jubin Dana talks about how he got started with patent law
- Considerations for developing a portfolio and an IP strategy
- What are revenue patents?
- Jubin shares his story of working with Visa and helping them with their IP strategy
- Jubin explains what FinTech is and the trends he is seeing
- What issues might arise between the digital dollar and cryptocurrency?
- Jubin shares his thoughts on NFTs
- What goals are Jubin and his firm trying to achieve in the coming years?
- The podcast you should add to your playlist for more information
In this episode…
Where can you get corporate and legal advice to help you manage risk, develop portfolios, and monetize your IP assets?
The patent guru, Jubin Dana, believes one of the key elements of an effective IP strategy is to have a developed business strategy and a business partner worth their weight. Understanding your business strategy helps you keep your IP protocols in good alignment. Plus, having a good IP strategy involves employing a vetted professional who understands the ins and outs of your business model and can execute it for you.
In this episode of Own Your Zone Podcast, JiNan Glasgow George sits down with Jubin Dana, the Principal Attorney, Shareholder, and Founder of Dana Legal Services, to discuss IP strategy and what to consider when patenting. Jubin explains the considerations you should have while developing a portfolio and an IP strategy, how to know which country’s IP regulations are best for your needs, and his experience working with Visa and their IP strategy.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Neo IP
- JiNan Glasgow George on LinkedIn
- JiNan Glasgow George
- Dana Legal Services
- Jubin Dana on LinkedIn
- The Patent Guru on YouTube
- Entrepreneurs on Fire by John Lee Dumas
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Neo IP, where we help companies increase their valuation and protect their business through strategic business planning and intellectual property protection.
At Neo IP, we provide corporate and legal services to help companies manage risk, develop portfolios, and monetize their IP assets.
We believe intellectual property is a valuable business asset with exceptional potential. Neo IP is here to protect that.
Learn more about Neo IP at https://www.neoipassets.com/
If you’d like to talk more about your business needs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org