Allison Baum Gates is a General Partner at SemperVirens Venture Capital, an early-stage VC fund investing in healthcare, fintech, and workforce technology. As an experienced investor in the future of work, venture capital, and technology, she is the author of Breaking Into Venture. Before SemperVirens, Allison was the Principal of Trinity Ventures and the Co-founder and Managing Partner of Fresco Capital.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What is SemperVirens, and how does it provide asset value to technology companies?
- AI’s potential in venture capital and cybersecurity
- Allison Baum Gates shares the obstacles she faces integrating early-stage startups with Fortune 100 companies
- How VC funds help early-stage company founders identify and mitigate blind spots
- Allison’s inspiration for writing Breaking Into Venture
- IP trends in the technology sectors — and Allison’s visions for venture capital
In this episode…
Partnering with organizations for early-stage funding accelerates business growth and value. Yet many startups merge with larger corporations too quickly and struggle to structure their services for an ideal market, intensifying risk and compromising value for additional funding efforts. How can you assess partners effectively to obtain funding suitable for your business ventures?
Venture capital and investing specialist Allison Baum Gates emphasizes the importance of having thorough insight into your industry and target market. As experts in growth valuation, venture capitalists help position early-stage founders and their companies for the market. This includes conducting due diligence and analyzing regulatory requirements and risk. Allison advocates for various perspectives and diverse founders and investors in VC to eliminate oversights and bridge the knowledge gap.
Allison Baum Gates, a General Partner at SemperVirens, joins JiNan Glasgow George in this episode of the Own Your Zone Podcast for a discussion on partnering with funding businesses and VC firms. Allison talks about AI’s potential in VC and technology industries, how to leverage VC funds to optimize business funding, and notable IP trends in venture capital.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- JiNan Glasgow George on LinkedIn
- JiNan Glasgow George
- Neo IP
- JiNan Glasgow George’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patent Forecast
- Allison Baum Gates’ Website | LinkedIn
- SemperVirens Venture Capital
- Breaking into Venture: An Outsider Turned Venture Capitalist Shares How to Take Risks, Create Power, and Build Life-Changing Wealth by Allison Baum Gates
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Neo IP, where we help companies increase their valuation and protect their business through strategic business planning and intellectual property protection.
We believe intellectual property is a valuable business asset with exceptional potential. Neo IP is here to protect that.
Learn more about Neo IP at NeoIPAssets.com